For those who are serious about creating a website business, it is obvious that you just can’t start and expect to be successful. You need a bit of guidance and help.
If you are searching for a place to start, there seems to be two types of people, and they just happen to be polar opposites. The Do-It-Yourselfer and the Sir-Spend-A-Lot.
Thinking about Creating A Website Business?
Besides the Do-It-Yourself type of thinking, one other common thread I see is, spend a whole lot of money, in an expensive program, and you can’t possibly fail. The “school” is obviously successful and they charge a lot, so they should know a lot and be helpful in your journey. Spending anywhere from $3,000. to $10,000 or more might seem reasonable, especially since it appears to be a sure bet. Thinking you can just create a WordPress site and be successful is probably not going to happen. But is this the best route to take?
The one major thing to keep in mind is that is the journey to a profitable and therefore successful website business is that it is a journey – it takes a bit of time. Unless you buy an existing website business, the website you build and monetize from scratch cannot be an overnight sensation. It might take months or years.
What Are Some Obstacles When Creating A Website Business?
There are more that a few barriers that prevent people form creating a successful website business. Here are a few to consider before any decisions are made:
- Initiative – Creating an online business takes a willingness to get going and keep on going, long after those around you have given up.
- Knowledge – How and where are you going to get the roadmap to create a successful online business? Online guru’s are everywhere, yet success stories seem to be rare.
- Time – Do you have the commitment to create and maintain an online business? This type of business not only demands your constant attention (at least initially, anyway), but also a regular commitment to create engaging content on a regular basis.
- Focus – It takes more than a mediocre attempt to be successful at creating a website business. Laser focus as well as a close attention to detail are definitely a prerequisite. his focus and attention becomes your guiding force.
- Skill – Since the creation of engaging and quality content is your primary task, you might need a bit more than just enthusiasm. Infectious enthusiasm is a great boon, but some skill is required. Poorly worded or created content is shoddy and will not get the attention of your intended audience.
- Intent – Your website should not be just one big sales pitch. If the perception is that it is overly spammy or all too transparent then your chances of success might be negligible. If your intent is to be helpful and informative and trustworthy, creating a resource for those that need help, then you are more likely to gain some interest.
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are a complete beginner and not a marketing genius, the level of knowledge required does not happen over night. Using an intuitive platform such as WordPress helps a lot, but there are so many on site factors as well as off site factors that dictate if your endeavour will ever become anything more than “just another weblog.”
Add to this, “Get Rich Schemes” distractions are everywhere you turn and just end up clogging your inbox. Easy, shortcut systems are so much in your face that its hard to stay focused. Staying focused is perhaps the biggest problem, so its best to create a business that is of great interest to you rather than just a money making issue.
Who Is Your Audience?
A business cannot be successful without a sufficient amount of customers. Creating a website business needs a certain amount of traffic. The more the better. However, traffic alone does not translate into a winning formula.
The only way to create a winning website business is to know your audience and what they want. What is the exact formula? There is none. But there are ways to make sure that your website business has a fighting chance. Knowing who exactly your audience is, is perhaps the most integral thing to understand.
Who are they? How old are they? Male or female? How do they communicate or like to be communicated to? What do they really want? Answer these questions before you invest your future in creating any type of website business.
Your potential audience should:
- Have a BURNING DESIRE for your product or service.
- Have a NEED to solve a problem or get help with an issue.
- Have a SPECIFIC INTEREST in what you have to say.
This is really just a lesson from Marketing 101. Not knowing the answers to these questions means that your business may never get off the ground.
What To Do
If you are serious about building a successful, sustainable, and profitable online business, then you need to get serious and learn a bit about what makes a successful website business. Really, there are no shortcuts. You have to learn, be willing to be taught, try and then flail around a bit. At least this is my experience.
One thing is for sure, you can’t build your online empire over night. It takes time and real effort. But it is possible.
One of the best things I ever did was to investigate Wealthy Affiliate University. It has not only provided for an exceptional grounding in online business, but is a great community of like-minded people all on a similar journey. No matter what level anyone is, there is always something to learn. And knowing the right way to do something is invaluable.